PATENT REFORM 2011 - Bill S. 23 and HR.1249 Specific Information "America Invents Act"
Note: The final version of Senate Bill number S.23 has newly been titled the "America Invents Act" from the previous name "Patent Reform Act of 2011". Unfortunately it was passed by the Senate on March 8, 2011 by a margin of 95 "yes" vs. only 5 "no".
House Bill number H.R. 1249 was passed on June 23, 2011 by a margin of 304 "yes" vs. 117 "no".
THOMAS, LIBRARY OF CONGRESS
THOMAS was launched in January of 1995, at the inception of the 104th Congress. The leadership of the 104th Congress directed the Library of Congress to make federal legislative information freely available to the public. You can check bills, resolutions, activity in Congress, the Congressional Record, schedules, calendars, committee information, etc.
GovTrack.US is a private site that tracks the U.S. government, drawing its information from the THOMAS web site. The layouts are easier to view and understand, though the information may be delayed a little. It's an excellent web site.
OVERVIEW OF BILLS
- S.23: See an OVERVIEW of Bill S. 23 [at GovTrack.US]
- H.R. 1249: See an OVERVIEW of Bill H.R. 1249 [at GovTrack.US]
- S. 23: Read a SUMMARY OF ISSUES in Bill S. 23 [at GovTrack.US]
- H.R. 1249: Read a SUMMARY OF ISSUES in Bill H.R. 1249 [at GovTrack.US]
- S.23: See HOW SENATORS VOTED on Bill S. 23 Which Passed the Senate on March 8, 2011
- H.R. 1249: See HOW REPRESENTATIVES VOTED on Bill H.R. 1249 Which Passed on June 23, 2011
MAPLight.org, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization, provides citizens and journalists the transparency tools to shine a light on the influence of money on politics. Elected officials collect large sums of money to run their campaigns, and they often pay back campaign contributors with special access and favorable laws. This common practice is contrary to the public interest, yet legal. MAPLight.org makes money/vote connections transparent, to help citizens hold their legislators accountable. MAPLight.org is nonprofit and nonpartisan.CONNECTIONS
- S.23: View the CONNECTIONS between how the Senators voted on S. 23, and the financial contributions that they received connected to special interest groups that are for or against this bill.
- H.R. 1249: View the CONNECTIONS between how the Senators voted on H.R. 1249 and the financial contributions that they received to special interest groups that are for or against this bill.
READ AND REVIEW THE ENTIRE BILLS IN PDF
BILL S. 23
BILL H.R. 1249
THE ADMINISTRATION'S POSITION ON S.23
- Read the Administration's February 28, 2011 Press Release in Support of S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011.
THE U.S. PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE POSITION ON S.23
- Read the USPTO's March 8, 2011 Press Release in Support of S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 USPTO Urges Senate to Pass the America Invents Act
U.S. PATENT LAWS
(PDF format files can be viewed with Adobe Reader.)
Download Adobe Reader for Free Here